Boxrud's is located in Downtown Red Wing in the historic Boxrud's building. Opened in 2016 by owner Tamara, the consignment home goods & furniture store quickly expanded to include wedding decor, and eventually, formal wear. In 2021, Jae and Em joined to team and in 2022, Jae became the owner and Em became the manager and creative director. Since then, they've expanded the selection of locally made goods to include art, postcards, ornaments, keychains, rugs, soaps, candles, and more.
"Boxrud became one of the leading dry goods merchants of the northwest."
"In October 1885 needing larger quarters, [the Boxrud Brothers] purchased three lots belonging to Phelps on the south side of Main Street. The construction began for their new grocery and dry goods store. It was a two-story, ten-bay-wide commercial building. On November 8, 1886, they moved into their new building at 411-415 Main Street, which adjoined the Keystone Building. [...] Boxrud became one of the leading dry goods merchants of the northwest."
"At the time of his death, [Christian H. Boxrud] was president of the Red Wing Motor Company and the Red Wing Shoe Company, and vice president of the Goodhue County Bank and the Goodhue County Savings Bank. He also helped to organize the first important ski club in the United States in 1886, the Aurora Ski Club."